Operation New Dawn 2011

Operation New Dawn 2011
Taking each day as it comes

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Helicopter Tour

So i had to go out to a shop to do a health risk assessment.  We go out and get a listing of current personnel who work in the shop, what PPE they wear, what chemicals they work with, what noise equipment they have, any radiation, radio frequency, ergonomic issues, respirators, confined spaces and so on.  We make sure workers aren't doing anything that could cause harm to their health.  I am the Air Force equivilant to what Occupational Helath and Safety does in the "civilian world".  SO this shop I went ot visit is helicopter maintenance.  They are kinda like a nascar team because they all come to deployed sites with all their people, equipment for their specific aircraft/helo from their home statoins.  This crew here now is from Nellis and it's the HH-60 helo that is used during search and recovery operation.  Luckily they aren't that busy having to do search and recovery operations here...so I got my own personnal photo shoot with the helo's while I was there! It was super fun!!!  Here they are! Enjoy



With the "mini-gun", the Minigun is a 7.62 mm, multi-barrel heavy machine gun with a high rate of fire (2,000 to 6,000 rounds per minute)


Me in the hot seat


They said I needed to "look tough" if I was shooting the mini-gun so this is as close as I could get!


No comments:

Post a Comment